Coconut Lime Shrimp
Exotic flavors of coconut, curry, ginger and hot chili make this shrimp outstanding!
- 2 Pounds Shrimp, peeled, with tail left on
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Lemongrass, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger, minced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Can Coconut Milk, lowfat (400 ml)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice, and zest
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Chile Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Brown Rice, cooked
- Wooden Skewers, soaked for 30 minutes
1. Add lemongrass, garlic and ginger, coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest, chili paste, curry powder and brown sugar. Mix well.
2. Thread two skewers into first shrimp, one at the tail and the other near head. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Lay in glass dish. Pour half of the marinade over top of the shrimp. Reserve the rest. Coat shrimp well, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the grill to high heat. Place the skewers on grill and close the lid. After 3 minutes, flip. After 3 minutes, the shrimp are done. Remove and cover. Slightly heat the remaining sauce, and serve with skewer