Dover Sole with Browned Caper Butter Sauce
Dover Sole with Browned Caper Butter
The delicate flavor of Dover Sole is complemented by the richness of the browned butter and capers. Elegant and easy!
- 4 Dover Sole Fillets
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- White Wine
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons Capers
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley Leaves, chopped
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a pie pan. Lightly dredge Dover sole filets in seasoned flour. Heat olive oil in an oven proof skillet. Sauté sole 1 to 2 minutes per side. Place skillet in oven for 4 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat butter in a small pan until butter gets brown. Add lemon, capers, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over fillets before serving.