The flavor of the sauce in these meatballs is sure to impress!
- 14oz or 1Lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp. Gourmet Garden Fresh Blends™ Mediterranean
- 1 tbsp. Gourmet Garden Basil
- 1/3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Gourmet Garden Garlic
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 28oz (800g) can diced tomatoes
- 13oz (375g) dried spaghetti
- Baby spinach leaves to serve
1. Combine ground beef with 1 tbsp. Gourmet Garden Fresh Blends™ Mediterranean and Gourmet Garden Basil and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls.
2. Heat a large oiled saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and Gourmet Garden Garlic. Cook sauté for 5 minutes or until softened. Add 1 tbsp. Gourmet Garden Fresh Blends™ Mediterranean. Stir to coat.
3. Add tomato paste and diced tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add meatballs, cook, covered for 5 – 7 minutes. Remove lid. Cook for a further 5 – 7 minutes or until sauce thickens and meatballs are cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions until tender. Drain well. Serve meatball sauce over pasta topped with baby spinach leaves.