This hearty one-dish chicken and veggie meal smells as good as it tastes! You’ll love the aroma of roasted chicken and savory herbs wafting from your oven.
- 1 Whole Chicken, about 3 pounds
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Cups Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Cup Baby Carrots
- 2 Stalks Celery, cut into chunks
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Orange, juiced
- 1 Cup Frozen Petite Peas
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Rub chicken with butter. Place chicken and vegetables in roasting pan. Sprinkle with rosemary. Mix broth, garlic and orange juice; pour half of broth mixture over all.
3. Roast for 1 hour. Stir vegetables. Add remaining broth mixture, mushrooms and peas to pan. Roast another 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.