Salmon with Cara Cara Salsa
Salmon is fragrant and has a bright citrus flavor from the quick marinade.
- 4 Salmon Fillets, about 4-6 oz. each
- 3 Each Cara Cara Oranges, two zested and juiced; one peeled,
- segmented and diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Onion, finely diced
- 1 Teaspoon Jalapeño Pepper, minced
- 4 Tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
1. Place salmon fillets in shallow baking dish.
2. Combine orange zest and juice, garlic and olive oil in bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade for broiling. Pour remaining mixture over salmon. Place in refrigerator and let marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine salsa ingredients: Cara Cara orange segments, cherry tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, lemon juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to broil. Remove salmon from marinade. Place on lipped sheet pan. Pour reserved marinade over top. Broil for 10-12 minutes; until salmon easily flakes with a fork. To serve top with Cara Cara salsa.