Seared Scallops in Creamy Noodles & Peas
Seared Scallops in Creamy Noodles and Peas
This elegant dish boasts scallops in a rich, creamy, wine and chive sauce.
- 8 Ounces Egg Noodles
- 1 Cup Frozen Petite Peas
- 3/4 Pound Sea Scallops, halved horizontally
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2/3 Cup Half and Half
- 1/4 Cup Chives, chopped
1. Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add peas and cook until noodles are al dente, about 2 minutes longer. Drain in a colander and then transfer to a platter and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, pat scallops dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat butter in a skillet over moderately high heat, then add scallops. Increase heat to high and sear scallops, turning over once, until golden brown and cooked through, 2 minutes total. Transfer to platter with noodles and keep covered.
3. Add wine to skillet and deglaze by boiling, stirring and scraping up any brown bits, 1 minute. Stir in water and cream and boil until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chives and pour sauce over scallops and noodles.